Thursday, June 01, 2006


New month = new poetry contest!
You can write a poem about lemons, 55 cents, a large white bowl, June... or anything else for that matter! Since it's an art form it really has no limits! Great! I know you will all excel at this. I foresee that the prize for the best poem will be some fresh-squeezed lemonade. (Sugar not included.)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lazy sunny Summer day,
Eating luscious lemons on
My purple-painted porch.
Oh, so super-sour, but
Mmm, so sickly sweet.
Someday I'll eat 55 of them.



Where's my lemonade?

Anonymous said...

All righty... *crack knuckles, then recoils in disgust* (I hate it when people crack their knuckles... but that's off-topic.)

Here it goes:

*My Lemon Haiku*
Lemons are so sour.
But they're sweet in lemonade.
Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool!


Okay, that last line was a stretch.

Anonymous said...

Erin, please.

If you're not Japanese, you have not right to be writing Haiku.

Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame!!

Mal, mal, mal, mal, malissimo!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...
Don't feel like it right now. Perhaps at a later date when I don't feel like *biipity biip biip* and then some.
Agh.

Unknown said...

"Similar"
A Lemon Poem not Meant to Be Taken Personally
By Me

Sour lemons in a boring bowl
Makes me think of your wicked soul.


*self-satisfied chuckle*

Gregaria said...

Hiaku Hannah -

Lemons remind me
of a mother singing songs
over the Christ Child.

(Dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God, who is symbolized by lemons in Christian art.)

Gregaria said...

*Haiku

Anonymous said...

*Ahem*:

Juicy lemons in bowl of white:
A sour taste, a pretty sight.
Half a buck for yellow fruit
I hold in very high repute.
Eat them in the month of June,
Mix with sugar, stir with spoon.

*bow*

Anonymous said...

: I thought of the final verse:

...Turn them into lemonade,
serve it to your lady's maid!

Anonymous said...

Since we're haikuing it up around here:

Perkins wins. No doubt.

What wit, wisdom, and wonder!!

I am so in awe.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Gregaria said...

As the other self-proclaimed Haiku "expert" on this site, I object to Perkins' poetry being classified as "haiku". However, I do agree that it is one of the better poems in this contest thus far! Congrats, Perkins. Very nice.

Claire Russell / Group 8 said...

Han, Perkins' poem wasn't a haiku. Paddy's comment is actually a haiku about Perkins' poem. Count the syllables. It will fall pat as I told you. (Hm, I'll have to write a poem too.)

Gregaria said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!
I did not realize that.
I apologize.

-Haiku Hannah

Anonymous said...

I think it was good. I love poetry!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»