Greetings-
Today is the seventh day of the annual novena to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. My family and I have been going to Mass every day at the monastery in Shoreline. We've been going to that our whole lives. (I actually met Michelle Kuenstle there when she was one and I was 6 months old!) In fact, my parents met at the monastery and are literally a match made in heaven since they both prayed for a spouse that fateful year. *sigh* How romantic. :) Today is the feast of the great Carmelite saint, St. Teresa of the Andes. "And if my prayers are worth anything, you can count on them for the rest of my life;because every day I have you with me at Communion time." She died in 1920 at about age 20, and is a great patron saint for young people.
The other day Hermes and I played dress-up for a couple of hours. It was perfectly amazing! We took turns choosing one-another's outfits, and they were mostly just hideous. We also took 42 pictures! If you are looking for some summer fun indoors when it's too bloody hot to go outside, I suggest a game of good old-fashioned dress-up!
Today my aunt and uncle are moving to Arkansas. Please pray for them to have a safe journey and for their future life in "the Natural state." (The word Arkansas comes from the Quapaw Indian term for "downstream people.")
Remember people to mark your calendars for the July 23rd feast of St. Bridget of Sweden, my confirmation saint!

14 comments:
Wow, go Carmelites. That is quite the romantic story...
("The Natural State?" I have about 30 different things I dearly want to say, but can't. I was too well-raised for that.)
Paddy! Thank you for censoring your own comments. :)
My pleasure...
Nice facial expression, by the way. You look like some stolid British aunt in a movie from the 50s.
Wow, Claire. In the first picture you look like a bitter Japanese person going on safari! And bringing aloe along in case you get sunburnt, I guess. That shows remarkabe foresight.
Oh, I LOOK GREAT!! Guys, we totally tricked you, without even meaning to. Claire is pic 1, I'm pic 2. Ha ha! Wow. Just yesterday we met this lady in Edmonds who asked if Hermes and I were twins. Uhh.... nope! *laugter*
:D
Oh, it is Hermes! Yeah, I see that now. I tihhnk it's the fact that you're wearing her clothes, more or less, and you have your hair covered... and it's form far away. GReat!
Wait, which one is which? I thought that number one was Clar and number two was Malin, but your comments make me doubt myself.
I spent my Friday #13 in the ER- wasn't that insightful of me? Mm... Now I'm completely drugged on Vicodin. Anyone want to come and party?
What happened to you, Deirdre? Hope it wasn't serious...
I didn't really do anything on the 13th, except tramp around Kirkland for a couple hours. Yay.
Deirdz, you were correct. Claire is in the first picture, and I am in the second one. :)
Bingy, the both of us wore items of clothing that belonged to each member of the family, so although I'm wearing Hermes' skirt, I am not her!
Fraulein,
Yes, I would love to come and party. ;) Brings back the better memories of having my wisdom teeth out. Heh, heh!
Erin, I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. Not particularly serious compared to other things it could have been, but seriously painful.
Hermes, I'm getting my teeth of wisdom out two days after my birthday! Come!
Bingy, how racist!
Oooh! Vicodin is amazing, Deirdz. I'm so glad you share the wonderful memory of being drugged out with me. Sort of like next year.
Somewhere far away, in an alternate universe, Sheila is a hippy. She has to be.
Umm...i can't place dress up. My male mental nerve endings would blow up causing me to die if i were to disobey my programing as such.
but 42 pictures would tell quite a story...
Post a Comment