Tuesday, December 06, 2005
7 days, 7 minutes, or 7,000 years?
Today, good ol' Hermes and I were talking about the seven days of creation. We decided that we should celebrate each of these days throughout the week. For example, today being Tuesday, we should do something to acknowledge the firmament/earth and the seas because God created these on the second day. In order, God created day and night first, the firmament and therefore the seas on the second day, all sorts of vegetation on the third day, the sun, the moon, and the stars fourth, the fish and birds fifth, and all other creatures: beasts, bugs, and Man on the sixth day. On the seventh day He, naturally, rested. I find it extremely interesting that God made night and day three days before He made the sun, moon, and stars. Awesome! Happy earth day, guys!
from the pen of
Claire Russell / Group 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Awww, thanks. You too.
*hugs a tree*
That's super. Do you guys want to have another Earth Day party this year? We can invite Mr. Curtis again, sing kumbaya, hug trees, see a Yanni concert, exchange Raffi cds...
Happy sun/moon/stars day!
Aheh! Deirdz I don't want to display such affections for earth day ever again. That was slightly weird once Mr. Curtis arrived.... I would rather celebrate earth day the Christian way. Perhaps do some nature drawing, make really good food with wonderful spices, fruits, and vegatables, Take a walk to the beach, and just enjoy God's creation in a healthy and safe way. :)
Well, guys. I can't decide on how I'd rather spend my earth day. I guess we have a few months do plan, eh? Maybe we could do a combo: hug trees, take a sunset beach walk, save the baby seals, eat really earthy foods, wear earthy colours, listen to Raffi, Yanni, and some Christian singers... maybe even sing a few hymns that include a lot of natural refrences. Great!
Hah! That's a bloomin' sweet idea! So...what's today? Saturday.
Human day!
Like ... How Great Thou Art! We can invite this awesome guy from SMM who sang that at Xmas Mass 7 years ago.
Ha HA! Deirdz, what a perfect idea!
Then you should go swimmn'.
Earth day is for ATHIESTS. You're not an athiest are you??
Post a Comment