Monday, October 16, 2006

My friend Stephanie

I thought it might be fun to point you in the direction of the first year student blog at Western. Four freshmen were chosen to post articles on this blog about their experiences as freshmen, and I think the idea is that freshmen can connect with one another on it... I don't know how well that's working, but some kids in the dining hall the other morning recognized Stephanie as one of the bloggers. Her fame is surely spreading. I thought I would help the process by inviting all of you to visit it as well. I haven't really read much of the stuff on there, but I've read all of Stephanie's posts. So, click here if you want to visit and find out what she's like a little bit... and see a picture of her! (I think it's a good shot.) And, by the way, the picture on her "Happy Trees" post is her first big project for art class: a landscape of her backyard at home. She's never really done landscapes before, so I think it's a great start! And the title (happy trees) comes from the mouth of Bob Ross, the afro-haired painter who makes you feel sleepy and calm and like everything's OK. "We'll just add a happy little tree over here... *chk*chk*chk* The-re we go." :)

Other than that, I think tomorrow is Navy Day... yeeah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's rad, Claire, rad. :)

Anonymous said...

Hot.
I hope you enjoy college life as much as you should. Hmm... I can't wait to go to college. Hey, Michee, where do you want to go? I really super badly want to go to Notre Dame. If I get in... :)
How's the capture of the black squirrel coming, Claire? I want to kiss it, so I can basically not sing the part of the Pirates who DOn't do Anything song that says I've never kissed a chipmunk. i'm glad I don't have a hedgehog in MY pants, Rabic.

Claire Russell / Group 8 said...

Rabic has a hedgehog in his pants? Haha! I think Stephanie told me the other day that her sister, Sophie, once had a hedgehog. What a cute pet! But Shill, do squirrels count as chipmunks? Hmmm... And yes, I do enjoy college life to the brim! Yay college! I haven't captured yer squirrel yet, but on the 15th I watched one peel all of the shell off of a chestnut before scampering off with it. I was pretty impressed. I mean, can you shell a chestnut with your teeth? That's what I thought.

Anonymous said...

WHO is changing the blog look? What is going on here?

I really liked reading Stephanie's posts. She has such an interesting way of looking at things and writing about them.

God bless you!

Anonymous said...

HERMES!!! I'm back from Rome! And my legs are so fit, you wouldn't believe it. Walking several hours a day does wonders. I really enjoyed Stephanie's posts. Hooray. And chestnuts were all over Italy, so I'm quite familiar with them; I even ate one once... interesting.

I'll send you something soon *wa-wink* and I'll have to tell ya everything.

Anonymous said...

Mmm.... Hermes, I love the colors on your blog. They make me feel warm, spicy, and happy. Like pumpkin pies.... :)

Claire Russell / Group 8 said...

Spicy! Haha! That's good. I was kind of going for chocolate and coffee, and maybe both, but pumpkin pie-y is good too.