It's official - in July, you can start sending letters to 420 Saddle Lane, Ojai, California. I'm not quite sure what the zip code is yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'Frog said, "Would you like me to tell you a story, Toad?"
"Yes," said Toad, "if you know one."'
Mary, Virgin and Mother,
shows us what love is and whence it draws its origin
and its constantly renewed power.
To her we entrust the Church and her mission in the service of love:
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
you have given the world its true light,
Jesus, your Son - the Son of God.
You abandoned yourself completely
to God's call and this became a wellspring
of the goodness which flows forth from him.
Show us Jesus. Lead us to him.
Teach us to know and love him,
so that we too can become capable of true love
and be fountains of living water
in the midst of a thirsting world.
(By Pope Benedict XVI: Deus Caritas Est [42])
15 comments:
Why is it on there twice? *sigh* isn't it purdy? Thanks, Bing for letting the world know what it looks like.
The computer was having a frap attack, and kept on freezing up and stuff. Sorry. And it was me, Shizz.
A Traditional Rhyming Verse:
Oh no! Alas! Say it's not so!
Say that you'll stay and will not go!
SoCal's too hot, and windy! Though,
it's better for the health, I know.
But when it comes to mid-July
And you leave us for great Ojai,
we will sit down and by-the-by,
begin to weep and wail and cry.
You'll have some fun, you'll get a tan,
and catch some gnarly waves now, man.
We surely know, it's all God's plan,
but we will miss the Bernhoft clan.
~(c) 2006, Rhyming Poets, Inc.
*sniff* Patrick, that was inspired!
By the way, Bing, your house if BEAUTIFUL!! ...but where will the rest of your family live? ;)
Anyway, I'm pretty jealous... but now I'll have an excuse to go down to California sometime! Hooray!
Ah... it is a lovely house. I hope to visit you several times. :)
Patrick, that was incredible! Wow... it is all true, too. It's certainly going to be different around here. But, we certainly won't forget you! :)
"God's will hath no why"... so I pray that the whole moving process goes smoothly and just as though it was all previously planned. :)
Patrick, that was beautiful. I read it for Mom a couple of times, and she was touched and moved. Sheila laughed her head off.
Alex: Actually, Bing's going to sleep on the patio when she comes home. She'll be lucky to get that.
Hermes: I love you, Baby!
Hey, I would probably sleep on the patio anyway! :D And by the by, sorry about Sheila's head
Rhino, you are just too much. Just so you know.
Patrick: I loved that poem. You know what I love about violists? They're all really, really weird. It makes for interesting rehearsals in orchestra. ;)
Herm: I love you also. I'll miss all of you guys as well!
Hey, I'll bring a floaty raft and sleep in the pool. That would be an adventure. :)
Herm, I would really love that. It would be like The Parent Trap, where they float Meredith off into the lake. Are you coming to Barnabas?
Ummmm.... I really don't know yet. I need to see what the sessions are and when I'm busy here. You guys have the session dates, eh?
Yeah, we do. Sheila can photocopy her application form for you if you want, because that has all the dates and relevant information, etc. Let me know... Were you proud of me for finally responding to your letter?
Oh, Herm, you should. I'll give you the application once our photocopier is working. Emma and I want to do club three. So YOU CAN'T! Just kidding. You can if you really want to... I guess...*sigh*
Deirdz, I was very happy to get your letter... so I guess I am proud of you for writing. :)
Thanks Deirdz and Sheils for the Barnabas info!
No problem, Hoim. :) Don't you just LOVE Barnabas? *sigh*
Post a Comment