Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thirty-nine years later...


I'm sorry for scaring everyone with Harry's picture. I thought I would try to soften the blow by posting this adorable picture of him that's much more recent. I found this on a website that had information on an improvisation class that he was teaching in January of 2005. I wish we had known about it because any drama type class with Alan Arkin would be really smashing!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should invite him to one of our plays! He still looks basically the same as he did way back when. That's what my future husband is like, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Wow... he doesn't look bad at all. I think his scariness has worn off a bit. He actually looks a lot nicer now.

Anonymous said...

He does not look the same! He's almost cute, only not...

Anonymous said...

Lorna, I could almost reach waaaaay back in my heart to find someplace to forgive you if you married Alan Arkin.... but you're still dispicable.

The greatest thing about Mr. Arkin is that we share the first two letters of our name. Thus, if we ever just happened to be in a meeting together and just happened to be the majority vote for some particular thing, one could say, "The Al's have it!" Brilliant.

Claire Russell / Group 8 said...

Deed, do you mean that's what your f.h. is going to LOOK like or is he going to have the personality of Alan? Or the personality of Harry? Hm... If you married someone who looked like Alan, then I would be really happy for you, because he's just s'cute!

Anonymous said...

Hermes.... Deirdre is considering marrying a man *as old* as Alan. That's what... :) Heh heh.

Anonymous said...

No, no, all of the above. Personality of Harry Roat and the age and looks of Alan Arkin. You guys know what? I actually think Harry Roat Jr. is pretty cute. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Deirdz... you know, Alan Arkin does have a son. Perhaps his age would be a ton better for you? And he probably looks just like his dad!

(Alan's middle name is Wolf... how charming.)

Anonymous said...

HIS MIDDLE NAME IS WOLF?! That is really awesome. Seriously. :) Alan Wolf Arkin... I think I'll name my first born son Frank Wolf [insert last name here].

Anonymous said...

;) Ha HA! That's going back a ways.

Anonymous said...

Oh, RIGHT... (Kronk style.) That is going back a ways.

Anonymous said...

Would you please find me a picture of this Alan Wolf Arkin Jr. chap? Otherwise, I might just have to settle for Frank Wolf F------. Watch out, Claire!

Anonymous said...

You guys... that's just great. I love your beautiful way. The name Frank F------- does have a nice ring to it though, wouldn't you agree? Hahaha. I love you Bing.

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I love all this talk about F------. *sigh* I love you too, Claire.

Anonymous said...

No kidding... It's pretty goofy. :)

Anonymous said...

Frank F------ is a really excellent name. Claire... I think you need to do some deep soul-searching, and be sure you're on the right track in life.